It's Time for Pumpkin Spice 0
While standing in line at Starbuck’s this week, I noticed they are already serving Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. The high was in the 90s that day, but I had to admit, it IS September, and that means it is time for Pumpkin Spice everything. At EvilO, we also have pumpkin….it’s our Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar. This sweet, ag ed vinegar features the flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It tastes great in sweet potato dishes, drizzled over pork tenderloin or roast turkey, or drizzled over vanilla or coffee ice cream. You can also add a few drops to your hot tea or coffee. Here are a few recipes to get you in the mood for Pumpkin Spice season!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar
1 butternut squash
2 tablespoons Mission EVOO
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel and dice butternut squash. Throw in a Ziploc bag and toss with Mission EVOO, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Roast for about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, flip over.
4. Remove from oven and drizzle with Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar.
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas
1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon Mission EVOO
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix maple syrup, EVOO, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then pat dry with paper towels. Place the chickpeas and syrup mixture in a Ziplock bag. Toss well.
4. Spread out the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to keep them from sticking.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
(makes 1 martini)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1 jigger vanilla vodka
2 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Place sugar on a small plate. Dip the rim of a chilled martini glass in water, then dip in the sugar.
2. In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine Pumpkin Pie Spice Vinegar, vodka, half and half, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds, then strain into the prepared martini glass.
What is your favorite way to use Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar??
EvilO Recipe: Orange Spiked Double Chocolate Muffins 0
One of our favorite pairings is Blood Orange EVOO with Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar. As our manager Derek says, it tastes just like a chocolate/orange Tootsie Roll. Blood Orange EVOO pairs well with all things chocolate. Use it in brownies, chocolate cake, or chocolate cupcakes. Here is a recipe for delicious chocolate muffins featuring our Blood Orange EVOO. Let us know how you like them!
Orange Spiked Double Chocolate Muffins
(adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s Mocha Chip Muffin recipe)
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Blood Orange EVOO
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour through salt).
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (milk through yogurt).
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins almost to the top.
5. Bake 18 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.