Smoked Truffle Mac & Cheese 0
Its You, Me, and Mac & Cheese!
1lb. Rontini Pasta
4 1/2 tbsp. Butter infused Olive Oil
1/2 cup Flour
5 1/2 cups Milk
1/2 lb. block smoked Gouda cheese
1/2 lb. block Cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. block Havarti cheese
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp. Black Truffle infused Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Bourbon Smoked Paprika
1-2 cups Pecan Wood Chips, soaked
Optional: 1 tsp. Truffle Sea Salt for added Truffle Flavor
Directions:1. Heat your Big Green Egg to 225 degrees, convEGGtor in place. Once heated to 225, add the Pecan chips and let sit until smoke is clear.
2. On your stove top, bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add the Rotini pasta and cook until done, but still firm. (about 8 minutes) Drain the pasta and place in a baking dish.
3. Place the baking dish directly on the grate of your Big Green Egg. Place a wire cooking rack on top of the baking dish, and place your 3 blocks of cheese directly on the cooling rack.
4. Cook for an hour to an hour and a half, or until the cheese has completely melted into the pasta.
5. On your stove top, whisk the Butter olive oil and flour together over medium heat. Once a thick paste has formed, slowly whisk in two cups of milk. Once smooth, raise heat to HIGH and whisk in the remaining milk. Whisk until thick and almost boiling.
6. Take the milk mixture and pour it over the pasta and cheese and mix until incorporated.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the Truffle olive oil, Paprika, and the Panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pasta.
8. Raise the temperature of your Big Green Egg to 350 degrees, the place the baking dish back on the grate. Cook about 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Hatch Back Mac and Cheese 0
A smoked Mac and Cheese with roasted Hatch Chilis, sure to spice up your next cookout!
16 oz. Macaroni Pasta
3 tbsp. Chipotle Olive Oil, divided
8 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Milk
1 cup Creme Fraiche
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 roasted Hatch Chili Peppers, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:1. Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Set your EGG to 350 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour until a paste forms. Whisk in milk, creme fraiche, and nutmeg until smooth. Whisk in cheeses until completely melted. Add 1 tsp. paprika, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Add pasta and Hatch chilis to cheese mixture. Toss together.
5. Add pasta to your Dutch oven.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over pasta.
7. Bake in the EGG for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
8. Top with a little chili powder, and ENJOY!