Easy, Braisey, Beautiful! 0
This Braised Pork Butt is too good to be true!
1 pork butt (4-5 pounds)
3-4 large baking potatoes (peeled and chunked)
2 cups baby carrots
3 tbsp. Tuscan Herb infused olive oil
1 large yellow onion (peeled and cut into chunks)
3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic (diced)
2 tbsp. Spicy BBQ Rub
1 bottle of Beer
2 cups water
1/2 cup Garlic infused Balsamic Vinegar
Fleur De Sel Salt (to taste)
Italian Cracked Black Pepper Blend (to taste)
1. Preheat your Big Green Egg to 300 degrees, ConvEGGtor in place.
2. Whisk your water and Garlic infused balsamic vinegar together in a saucepan over medium heat until just starting to boil.
3. Season your pork butt on all sides with the Fleur De Sel salt and Italian Cracked Black Pepper Blend.
4. On your stove top, heat your Dutch oven to medium-high heat.
5. Add the Tuscan Herb infused olive oil and the pork butt. Turn the pork butt every 3-5 minutes, browning it on all sides.
6. Remove the browned pork butt from the Dutch oven and sit aside.
7. Add the Riesling Marinated Garlic, Spicy BBQ Rub, and a pinch of salt and cook until the onions have softened.
8. Add the beer and deglaze the pan.
9. Place the pork butt back in the Dutch oven with the chunked potatoes and baby carrots, along with the Garlic balsamic and water mixture.
10. Place the top on the Dutch oven and put it in the Big Green Egg.
11. Braise the pork butt until tender, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
12. Remove the Dutch oven from the Egg, serve and ENJOY!
Rise and Shine! 0
This cheese and veggie quiche is the perfect way to start your day!
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup Tuscan Herb infused Olive Oil
1/4 cup ice water
9 large eggs
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove Riesling Marinated Garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1. Mix flour and salt with a fork. Beat the Tuscan Herb olive oil and water with a whisk to thicken.
2. Pour the oil mixture into the flour and mix with a fork. Line a crockpot with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
3. Chop all veggies and place them in a small skillet. Sear over medium heat until soft.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is about 17 inches long.
5. Press the dough into the parchment lined crockpot, making sure the edges of the crust go up the sides about 2 inches.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and mustard until frothy. Fold in the veggies and the cheese, then pour on top of the crust.
7. Place a paper towel over the top of the crockpot, then secure the lid. Cook of HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the crust is golden and the center is firm.
8. Let cool slightly, cut, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg! Use a cast iron Dutch oven and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until center is firm!
Going, Going, Gone 0
As we move into 2017, we're discounting Fall Flavors to make way for everything the new year has to bring. While supplies last, all things pumpkin are 50% off. This includes:
-- Pumpkin Pie Spice White and Dark Balsamic Vinegars: These are both perfect for drizzling over roasted sweet potatoes or roasted butternut or acorn squash. They also taste great poured over ice cream. One of our regular customers adds a tablespoon to her pancake batter. Pairs well with Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO.
-- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Mix: Add softened cream cheese to make a delicious cheeseball to serve with gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or fruit. Or, for a real treat, add softened cream cheese and Cool Whip to make a pie filling.
We're also discontinuing 500 ml bottles of our oils and vinegars. However, we have a few bottles left, which are discounted 20%, while supplies last. We have the following available:
-- Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle a little over pancakes or waffles, or add some to the batter. Also makes a great glaze for pork or bacon. Pairs well with: Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Basil EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Use as a marinade for steak, chicken, or pork chops. Drizzle over finished steaks before serving. Also adds flavor to stews. Pairs well with Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Tuscan Herb EVOO.
-- Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Makes a delicious marinade for chicken. Also great for roasting new potatoes or using in vinaigrettes. Pairs well with Herbs de Provence EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Basil EVOO, Blood Orange EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Delicious drizzled over berries, brownies, ice cream, or all three together! Makes an incredible vinaigrette with Blood Orange EVOO. Also pairs well with: Chipotle EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Persian Lime EVOO.
-- Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Brings an enticing Thai flavor to any dish, and also enhances Asian dishes. Perfect for dressing cold noodles, salads or in a dipping sauce for spring rolls, lettuce wraps, etc. Pairs well with Basil EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Basil Lemongrass EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Cinnamon Infused EVOO: Absolutely wonderful for baking muffins or quick breads. Also a great addition to pancake or waffle batter. Use for roasting sweet potatoes, yams, butternut squash, or acorn squash. Pairs well with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, Pumpkin Pie Spice Dark or White Balsamic Vinegar, Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar, or Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Butter Infused EVOO Chipotle EVOO Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Herbes de Provence EVOO Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Meyer Lemon EVOO Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Persian Lime EVOO pumpkin cheesecake dessert mix Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Flavors of the Week, 1/2/17 2
We're starting off 2017 with a BANG! We featured some incredible flavors this week. Run, don't walk, downtown to the shop and try out these tasty delights!
-- Lavender and Basil: So fresh and light, yet full of flavor! Basil EVOO and Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar are a match made in EvilO heaven. This combo will take salads, roasted veggies, and chicken to the next level.
-- Spicy Garlic: This combination of Garlic EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar is perfect for anything you want to throw on the grill. Individually, this jalapeño vinegar tastes incredible drizzled on tacos, pico, guacamole, salsa, and fajitas.
-- Tuscan Peach: My favorite pairing this week brings together Tuscan Herb EVOO and Peach White Balsamic Vinegar. This tastes simply divine. Perfect for bread dipping, salads, veggies, chicken, pork, you name it. This is a must-taste pairing.
-- Citrus Dipper: We poured our Tres Oliva EVOO from Spain and sprinkled it with the Mediterranean Citrus Herb Bread Dipper. It makes a yummy and flavorful appetizer or snack.
-- Cheeburger Cheeburger Soup: In the crockpot, we are featuring this cheesy take on the All-American dish. It is perfect for these rainy days we've experienced lately.
-- White Chocolate Peppermint Pie: We often sample our White Chocolate Peppermint Cheeseball, but this week we made it into a pie. Game. Changer. Mix thawed Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and this mix for a delicious filling. Next, pour it into a chocolate graham cracker crust. So easy, so delicious.
Here's to a great 2017. Let us know which oil or vinegar is your favorite for the new year
Flavors of the Week, 12/20 0
This week before Christmas, we are highlighting some of our staff's favorite combinations. All 3 of these pairings make great gifts.
-- Smokey Garlic: Another version of this delicious flavor combination. This option features Smokey Hickory EVOO and Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar. It is the perfect marinade for anything grilled or smoked. A perennial favorite.
-- Tuscan Herb and Sassy Italian: Pour a little Tuscan Herb EVOO and sprinkle with the Sassy Italian Bread Dipper. Serve this with some French bread for an appetizer at your holiday gatherings. Your guests will love it.
We can package these in beautiful gift bags or baskets, and we can also help you design a custom gift too. Stop by the shop this week!
Flavors of the Week 10/10/12 0
As temperatures continue to cool outside, we’re bringing the heat at EvilO. This week we feature our Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar in 2 of our pairings. The jalapeño balsamic adds the natural sweetness of the vinegar to make this flavor extra special. We hope you love them as much as we do. Stop by the shop this week, and try them out.
Smoke and Fire: We’ve paired our Smokey Hickory EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar for a smokey and spicy treat. This will taste great with anything you smoke or throw on the grill. A perfect addition to your weekend tailgating. For this weekend’s Octoberfest celebration, try this take on German potato salad.
Kicked Up German Potato Salad
(adapted from Five Heart Home)
2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
12 ounces bacon, cut into 1” pieces
2 tablespoons Smokey Hickory EVOO
1/3 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Toss potatoes with EVOO. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer, and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, leaving bacon grease in the pot.
3. Remove pot from heat and slowly add vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper to the bacon grease. Stir to combine. Return pot to heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a couple minutes, then add garlic. Cook garlic for 1 minute.
4. Remove pot from heat and add roasted potatoes. Gently stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add bacon and parsley and gently stir until combined.
5. Transfer to serving dish and serve warm.
Tuscan Fig: Our best-selling Tuscan Herb EVOO is the perfect match for our Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar. These 2 flavors complement each other, and will taste great for simply dipping bread, but will also make a great marinade. With bread dipping in mind, we suggest this recipe for a unique savory biscotti.
Tuscan Herb Biscotti
(adapted from A Family Feast)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup fine corn meal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Tuscan Herb EVOO
Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, corn meal, and baking powder. Stir in Parmesan, walnuts, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Mix until well-blended.
3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, and EVOO until well-combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to form a dough. Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and shape into two logs (~ 10” x 3”). Transfer to baking sheet and press slightly to flatten.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for ~15 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 300F. Carefully transfer logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each log crosswise, on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Return slices to baking sheet, laying them on their sides.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn each slice to the other side. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
7. Drizzle with Fig Dark Balsamic to serve.
Kickin’ Margarita: This pairing of Persian Lime EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar will work with a variety of Tex-Mex dishes. Try this salsa recipe to snack on while you watch football this weekend.
Black Bean Salsa
(adapted from The Blond Cook)
1 (15-ounce) can yellow whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 cups Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, shopped
1/4 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons Persian Lime EVOO
1/2 teaspoon, salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
2. Serve with tortilla chips.
Caprese: Our Basil EVOO and 25 Star Dark Balsamic Vinegar bring you the classic Caprese flavors. Perfect for creating your own Caprese Salad at home.
Caprese Pasta Salad
(adapted from Pip and Ebby)
1 (16-ounce) box of Rotini pasta, cooked and drained
8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (8-ounce) container of fresh Mozzarella pearls
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup pesto
3 tablespoons Basil EVOO
2 tablespoons 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Serve cold or chilled.