Smokedelic Chili Baby! 0
A mouth-watering, smoked chili the whole family will love.
2 lbs. ground beef
3- 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1- 15.5 can of dark kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 roasted red chilis, diced
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
3/4 cups Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves Chipotle marinated garlic, diced
1 tbs. Garlic infused olive oil
4 tbs. Blackened Seasoning
2-3 Hickory smoking chunks
Directions:1. Fire up your Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
2. Once your Egg has reached 250 degrees, add your hickory smoking chunks and place your convEGGtor inside.
3. Once your grill has reached 250 degrees with the convEGGtor in place, place your Dutch oven on your cooking grate.
4. Add your garlic olive oil and onions to the dutch oven. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add your bell peppers, roasted chilis, and your garlic cloves.
5. Once the vegetables are soft, add salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a simmer.
6. Add your Lambrusco vinegar, pinto beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined.
7. Knead the ground beef and blackened seasoning together, then roll into a large ball.
8. Place a perforated cooking grid on top of your dutch oven, then place your meatball in the center of your perforated cooking grid.
9. Smoke at 250 degrees for about 3 hours, or until the meatball reaches 140 degrees internally.
10. Remove the meatball and perforated cooking grid. Chop your meatball into small chunks, then add it to your dutch oven. Stir until combined.
11. Smoke for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
12. Top your chili with shredded cheese or chives, serve, and ENJOY!