Mama Mia! 0
A quick and easy Margarita Pizza!
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur De Sel sea salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. Garlic infused olive oil
1 cup crushed tomatoes
2-3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Basil infused olive oil
2-3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz. sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
2-3 tbsp. Sassy Italian Bread Dipper
2 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Stir in the milk and the Garlic infused olive oil until a dough forms.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 550 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of the Basil infused olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle an aluminum pizza peel with the cornmeal. Gently roll your dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle and transfer to the pizza peel.
7. Brush the dough with the remaining Basil infused olive oil. Using a large spoon, add the tomato mixture to the top of your dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch boarder around the edge.
8. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tomato mixture, then evenly lay out your mozzarella slices. Sprinkle the top with the Sassy Italian Bread Dipper.
9. Gently slide the pizza from the pizza peel onto the baking stone.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. An additional drizzle of Basil infused olive oil can be added if so desired.
12. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, slice, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg! Just don't forget your ConvEGGtor!
Vacay In May! 0
A light Coconut and Lime cake sure to bring the vacation out of anyone!
1 cup milk
5 1/2 tbsp. Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tbsp. ground almonds
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 Fleur De Sel
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix the milk and 1 1/2 tbsp. of the Coconut balsamic vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes, then whisk in the Persian Lime olive oil, vanilla, and sugar. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, ground almonds, baking soda and powder, and the Flour De Sel sea salt.
3. Make a well in the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir well to combine. (May be slightly lumpy)
4. Lightly grease a cake pan and pour in batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Boil water in a double boiler and combine the chocolate chips and the heavy whipping cream in the top bowl. Melt until smooth.
6. Remove the bowl from the water and add the remaining Coconut Balsamic vinegar and the butter. Stir until creamy and allow to cool.
7. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled cake, sprinkle with shredded coconut, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg!
Hatch Back Mac and Cheese 0
A smoked Mac and Cheese with roasted Hatch Chilis, sure to spice up your next cookout!
16 oz. Macaroni Pasta
3 tbsp. Chipotle Olive Oil, divided
8 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Milk
1 cup Creme Fraiche
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 roasted Hatch Chili Peppers, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:1. Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Set your EGG to 350 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour until a paste forms. Whisk in milk, creme fraiche, and nutmeg until smooth. Whisk in cheeses until completely melted. Add 1 tsp. paprika, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Add pasta and Hatch chilis to cheese mixture. Toss together.
5. Add pasta to your Dutch oven.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over pasta.
7. Bake in the EGG for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
8. Top with a little chili powder, and ENJOY!
Cherry Vanilla Maple Shrub 0
This shrub will leave you feeling summertime fine.
2 cups maraschino cherries
1/2 vanilla bean
1/2 cup Maple Butter Spread
1/2 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Place the cherries in a large bowl.
2. Add the vanilla bean and Maple Butter Spread
3. Using a blunt object, mash the cherries and vanilla bean to a pulp.
4. Cover and let the mixture sit for 24 to 48 hours.
5. Strain the mixture, squeezing all the liquid out of the cherries.
6. Discard the pulp and pour your syrup into a jar or bottle.
7. Fill a glass with ice.
8. Pour 2 tablespoons of shrub syrup over ice and top with sparkling water, or add a splash of your favorite liquor for an all natural cocktail!
Strawberry Wine Shrub 0
For all of those wine-o's at heart.
1 lb. fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
Directions:1. Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Slice your strawberries thinly, then add them to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
3. Let the mixture simmer until the syrup is the color of the fruit and the strawberries look tired.
4. Add the Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar and the 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar. Whisk to combine, then return to a simmer.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the fruit from the syrup.
6. Pour the syrup into a bottle or jar and store in the fridge.
7. Fill a glass with ice and pour your shrub syrup over the ice, then top it with sparkling water, stirring slightly to combine, or add a shot of your favorite liquor for an all-natural cocktail!
Chrissy's Fantastic Fritters 0
These lemon and blueberry fritters make the perfect addition to any get together!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
4 1/2 tbsp. Meyer Lemon infused olive oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 (5.3 oz.) containers of Blueberry greek yogurt
1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
Ingredients for Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. blueberry jam or blueberry infused balsamic vinegar
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 24 count mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, making powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, egg, vanilla extract, and the yogurt. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup until almost full. Bake for 15 minutes or until they just start to turn brown on top.
5. Remove the fritters from the oven and turn the broiler on HIGH. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the fritters to the baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and blueberry jam until smooth.
7. One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and sit it upright back on the baking sheet.
8.Once all fritters have been dipped, place them back in the oven and let broil for 3-4 minutes. Once the fritters start to brown, remove them from the oven.
9. Brush remaining glaze over the top of the fritters and let them cool for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with your favorite cup of coffee and ENJOY!