Going, Going, Gone 0
As we move into 2017, we're discounting Fall Flavors to make way for everything the new year has to bring. While supplies last, all things pumpkin are 50% off. This includes:
-- Pumpkin Pie Spice White and Dark Balsamic Vinegars: These are both perfect for drizzling over roasted sweet potatoes or roasted butternut or acorn squash. They also taste great poured over ice cream. One of our regular customers adds a tablespoon to her pancake batter. Pairs well with Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO.
-- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Mix: Add softened cream cheese to make a delicious cheeseball to serve with gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or fruit. Or, for a real treat, add softened cream cheese and Cool Whip to make a pie filling.
We're also discontinuing 500 ml bottles of our oils and vinegars. However, we have a few bottles left, which are discounted 20%, while supplies last. We have the following available:
-- Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle a little over pancakes or waffles, or add some to the batter. Also makes a great glaze for pork or bacon. Pairs well with: Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Basil EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Use as a marinade for steak, chicken, or pork chops. Drizzle over finished steaks before serving. Also adds flavor to stews. Pairs well with Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Tuscan Herb EVOO.
-- Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Makes a delicious marinade for chicken. Also great for roasting new potatoes or using in vinaigrettes. Pairs well with Herbs de Provence EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Basil EVOO, Blood Orange EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Delicious drizzled over berries, brownies, ice cream, or all three together! Makes an incredible vinaigrette with Blood Orange EVOO. Also pairs well with: Chipotle EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Persian Lime EVOO.
-- Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Brings an enticing Thai flavor to any dish, and also enhances Asian dishes. Perfect for dressing cold noodles, salads or in a dipping sauce for spring rolls, lettuce wraps, etc. Pairs well with Basil EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Basil Lemongrass EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Cinnamon Infused EVOO: Absolutely wonderful for baking muffins or quick breads. Also a great addition to pancake or waffle batter. Use for roasting sweet potatoes, yams, butternut squash, or acorn squash. Pairs well with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, Pumpkin Pie Spice Dark or White Balsamic Vinegar, Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar, or Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Butter Infused EVOO Chipotle EVOO Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Herbes de Provence EVOO Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Meyer Lemon EVOO Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Persian Lime EVOO pumpkin cheesecake dessert mix Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Friday Favorites 9/9/16 0
The calendar may say September, but the temperatures are still in the 90s. Whether you are spending your weekend on the lake or binging on college and NFL football, we hope you have a great time. Here’s what is on our radar this weekend:
11th Annual Hot Springs Bike Rally: Welcome bikers to the largest bike rally in Central Arkansas. Events include a vendor mall, poker run, parade, and performances by Mustang Sally and Joe Nichols.
The Spice Lab’s Himalayan Salt Cooking Plate and Serving Tray: These are perfect for your game day snacks and appetizers. Heat or cool them, they hold the temperature for quite awhile and keep your snacks at the appropriate temperature and give them the perfect amount of flavor. Come on down to the store and check them out! We’ll talk more about them in an upcoming post.
Sales!!: Who doesn’t love a sale? At EvilO we just reduced the price on a few items, while supplies last.
— 500 ml Bottles of oils and vinegars: Get 20% off on 500 ml bottles of Australian Barnea and Cinnamon EVOO and Pistachio, Lavender, Mocha Almond Fudge, Espresso, Vanilla, Maple and Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegars.
— Discontinued flavors of oils and vinegars in 200 ml bottles: Get 10% off on Australian Barnea and Cinnamon EVOO; Orange and Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegars; and Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
Have a great weekend!!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Australian Barnea EVOO Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Himalayan Salt Trays Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pistachio Dark Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
It's Time for Pumpkin Spice 0
While standing in line at Starbuck’s this week, I noticed they are already serving Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. The high was in the 90s that day, but I had to admit, it IS September, and that means it is time for Pumpkin Spice everything. At EvilO, we also have pumpkin….it’s our Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar. This sweet, ag ed vinegar features the flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It tastes great in sweet potato dishes, drizzled over pork tenderloin or roast turkey, or drizzled over vanilla or coffee ice cream. You can also add a few drops to your hot tea or coffee. Here are a few recipes to get you in the mood for Pumpkin Spice season!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar
1 butternut squash
2 tablespoons Mission EVOO
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel and dice butternut squash. Throw in a Ziploc bag and toss with Mission EVOO, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Roast for about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, flip over.
4. Remove from oven and drizzle with Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar.
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas
1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon Mission EVOO
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix maple syrup, EVOO, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then pat dry with paper towels. Place the chickpeas and syrup mixture in a Ziplock bag. Toss well.
4. Spread out the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to keep them from sticking.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
(makes 1 martini)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
1 jigger vanilla vodka
2 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Place sugar on a small plate. Dip the rim of a chilled martini glass in water, then dip in the sugar.
2. In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine Pumpkin Pie Spice Vinegar, vodka, half and half, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds, then strain into the prepared martini glass.
What is your favorite way to use Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar??
Flavors of the Week 8/23/16 0
The rains have ceased, the sun is shining, and we have new flavors for you to savor.
Grilled Pear: This one is perfect for those last few summer weekends. Smoked Hickory Olive Oil pairs with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar. Makes an incredible marinade for chicken, an unexpected bread dipper, and a great salad dressing.
Chocolate Covered Orange: Sweeten things up with Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and Blood Orange Olive Oil. Tastes great drizzled over ice cream or cheesecake.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie: Get ready for Fall, with this scrumptious combination. We’ve mixed Cinnamon Olive Oil with Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar. You’ll love this drizzled over muffins, scones, cheesecake, baked apples, or oatmeal.
Visit us today to try out these new combos!